Hello! I’m Julie Bateman
I'm a skilled graphic designer operating in Barrie, Ontario since 2003. I have over 20 years of experience in branding, editorial, print and website design and have taught courses in Digital Photography, Design Fundamentals and Advertising at Georgian College. Samples of my work have been published in 'Basic Logos' by Index Books and 'Graphically Speaking: A Visual Lexicon for Achieving Better Designer-Client Communication' by Lisa Buchanan.
I work from a home office, love my job and am available as a freelance part of your team, on a per-project basis or with a monthly retainer system for ongoing projects.
- freelance design for marketing agencies 50% 50%
- Corporate communication design 30% 30%
- Website design & development 15% 15%
- small business branding & logos 5% 5%
Our Design Process
We begin each project by reading the design brief, discussing your goals and determining your budget and deadline. Then we’ll research your industry, relevant trends and main competition.
Next, we’ll begin brainstorming, sketches and start working on initial design concepts. We will evolve and refine those concepts, and prepare initial designs to present as a first set of proofs.
Once we receive your feedback, we’ll made adjustments and continue to refine and evolve until you love the final designs (three sets of revisions is standard).
Prepare final design files: develop style guide, work with website developers or send print ready files as needed.
- Motivated, dynamic, results-oriented professional committed to excellence
- Strong creative and design background
- Able to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Mac environment - experienced in the most recent version of Adobe Creative Suite
- Listen, learn and adapt quickly to a client’s needs
- Experienced in print production, sourcing vendors and directing photographers, illustrators and other content developers as needed
Julie Bateman is available as a freelance part of your team, on a per-project basis or with a monthly retainer system for ongoing projects.
Julie and the team at Bateman Design Group deliver first-class marketing material for less than you think by operating as a full service creative company that meets the unique requirements of its clients through customized freelance teams.
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON
- Top 75 Finalist in the 2018 FedEx Canada Small Business Grant Contest. Asskicker Activewear rose to the top of the 2,100+ entries.
- Annual Report designed for Barrie Police Service won 2017 Annual Report Design Contest at International Law Enforcement Planning Conference
- Won the 2016 Canada's Best Dressed Police Vehicle for Barrie Police Service fleet design as part of their rebranding project
“We are very pleased with the services and end product developed by Julie and The Bateman Design Group as we (pavliks.com) launched a new product at a North American wide tradeshow.
We engaged Julie to build a brand for The Portal Connector that included a new logo, sales support literature, tradeshow booth design, website and related imagery. The process was very iterative and allowed us to give a lot of input so the final products were what we envisioned. We were presented with options and choices, and feedback we provided was always taken into consideration.
Julie was able to provide very prompt response to short term needs as the launch of The Portal Connector product was very time sensitive. Presenting the product to a worldwide audience at the tradeshow launch garnered many positive comments on the look and design of our brand. We very much appreciate the professionalism and quality work provided by The Bateman Design Group and look forward to working with them into the future.”
“Bateman Design Group has provided us with comprehensive services to assist us in producing both our annual report and business plan. In addition we have repeatedly sought out their services to help us in the creation of a variety of promotional material and graphic design work. With professional, efficient and expedited ‘turn-around’ time from request to product delivery, we have come to rely on Bateman Design Group for a host of current and future projects.“
Bateman Design has been fantastic to work with. Julie seemed to intuitively know what I needed as a logo and guided a very stress free and enjoyable process in helping me to come up with exactly what I needed. Not only was she able to craft an amazing logo for me to work with she has designed an eye catching rack card that elicits all kinds of positive comments and remarks.
Julie has gone above and beyond; guiding me in ways to fully utilize my logo, such as embedding it in e-mail, providing me with a design that will work well in letter head, PowerPoint presentations and other documents.
Bateman Design is a class act, incredibly professional while continuing to be approachable and accessible; definitely a pleasure to consult with on all aspects of the project.
Thank you Julie!